1. If you could save all the times your eyes blink in one life time and use them all at once, you would see blackness for 1.2 years!
2. The life span of a taste bud is ten days.
3.The average red blood cell lives for 120 days and can circumnavigate your body in less than 20 seconds.
4. The nerve impulses of the body travel at over 400 km/hr.
5. A sneeze generates a wind of 166 km/hr (100 mph), and a cough moves out at 100 km/hr (60 mph).
6. Our heart beats around 10,000 times every day or about 30 million times a year.
7. Our blood is on a 60,000-mile journey per day.
8. Our eyes can distinguish up to ten million colour surfaces and take in more information than the largest telescope known to man.
9. Our lungs inhale over two million litres of air every day. Their surface area is large enough to cover one side of a tennis court!
10. We give birth to over 200 billion red cells every day.
11. The human body is between 50 to 75% water.
12. We make around 1 to 1.6 litres of saliva a day.
13. Our nose is our personal air-conditioning system; it warms cold air, cools hot air, and filters impurities.
14. In one square inch of our hand, we have nine feet of blood vessels, 600 pain sensors, 9000 nerve endings, 36 heat sensors and 75 pressure sensors.
How amazing the human body is! God created it to be so; no wonder the Psalmist said: “… you shaped me first inside, then out; you formed me in my mother’s womb. I thank you, High God--you’re breathtaking! Body and soul, I am marvelously made! I worship in adoration--what a creation! You know me inside and out, you know every bone in my body; You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit, how I was sculpted from nothing into something” (Psalm 139:13-15).